May 28, 2021

Thanks Ragnell!

My corner of the web is a quiet one. The Flickr stream sees a lot of activity in comparison to the blog. This past week though, I had emailed Ragnell about the thing I found in the letters column of Powers and it was posted on When Fangirls Attack...

I posted this shortly after I posted something else on the blog (back in August of 2007) and having a link on When Fangirls Attack led to an overwhelming increase in traffic to be sure. Likely some of the highest traffic my very quiet corner of the internet has even gotten.

In light of today’s woke culture it’s probably a bigger deal than it was at the time but it underscores how serious everyone was getting even back then 13 plus years ago.

http://writing_wrong.blogspot.com/2007/08/calling-all-femininsts.html

Bendis made an offhand flippant remark but because he was very, very popular at the time it went more or less unchallenged. I wonder after watching Warren Ellis get pilloried if anything comes up about Bendis in the future (not that there will) if it will become an even bigger deal.

Still, the fact is today you can’t make a joke because people can’t take a joke.

We’re all of us very serious now and we’re also all of us caught up in all the slights we have received that are part of our victimhood. I sometimes think the motto of the Left in this nation should be divide and conquer because it seems as if they are more about dividing us than uniting us. I was thinking tonight given our current standards shouldn’t the Jewish people be seeking reparations from the Egyptians? I mean, why not?

Then again that when the clock starts thing is a moving target because the Israelis are often told they’re on Arab land which they have no rightful claim to even though the Dome of the Rock sits right on top of the Temple Mount.

Yes Virginia, we should all of us look to the past and to redress.

As far as Bendis goes, my contribution was only to underscore just how ridiculous this all is.

Of course, it becomes even funnier when you think about all the ways people were screaming about President Trump’s interactions with women while ignoring the exploits of the current President.

No comments: